Review: Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H

10:03


Gel eyeliner has never been one of my special skills - I've recently been getting to grips with using a felt tip pen liner, and I can manage lining my lash line with black eyeshadow, but that's about it. Gel liner is on a whole other level.
In saying that, however, I have been giving it a whirl now and again. It takes time, patience and a steady hand, but when done right, the result is incredibly rewarding! When I do decide I'll take time and do a gel liner flick, I use the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H in 01 Black


The product comes in a cute little pot - it is very sleek packaging, with a silver lid and a pot that's supposed to look like it's frosted glass. Very dinky altogether! It also comes with a sleek black liner brush - a lot of people don't bother with brushes that come with products, but this one's actually very good. I've often used it for applying eyeshadow along my lash line as well, it's the perfect size.

The Maybelline Lasting Drama gel liner is highly pigmented and has serious staying power. Although I've never tested the '24Hr' claim (and I hope not too, yikes), once this is applied and let set, trust me, it's there for the long haul. It. Does. Not. Budge. The brush is pretty great too - you can use its flat edge to create a thick line, or the thinner edge for thinner lines. I'm still trying to get the hang of it (I'm a little too impatient, oops), but once I do I know this'll definitely be a favourite of mine. I'm not the only one, either. I've heard Tanya Burr really likes this too, and I've seen her use it in many a video - apparently it's a great Bobbi Brown dupe too!


This particular product only comes in one shade (black), but Maybelline have since expanded the range to include a 'Black Collection', which features three new shades - black gold, black silver and ultra violet. I don't own any of those, but from the swatches on Boots' website, they look to be simply a gold, silver and violet! So if plain ol' traditional black liner doesn't float your boat, you can pick up one of the wilder colours here.

The Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama 24H Gel Eyeliner retails at €11.99 in Boots here.

Are you a gel liner lover? Have you tried this one? xo


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow