Review: La Roche-Posay Anthelios AC SPF 30 Matte Fluid

09:17




Now that we're well into summer, and the sun's finally starting to make an appearance, it's becoming more and more important to protect our skin from harmful UV rays - and I don't mean by slapping suncream onto our faces. Using regular sun cream on your face can actually cause breakouts, a far from pleasant experience!

However, there are specially formulated SPF products on the market for protecting our faces from the sun. La Roche-Posay have quite the range of facial SPF products and cater for all ages and skin types. Since I suffer from oily skin, I've been using the Anthelios AC Matte Extreme Fluid, with a high SPF of 30, which is aimed at oily and acne prone skin types. It's marketed as water resistant, with a non-greasy, invisible texture.

I apply this at the very end of my morning skincare routine. You simply pop it on using your fingers, until you've covered your entire face. It does give a bit of a ghostly pale effect initially, but this wears off throughout the day. I've also used it under base makeup (foundations / CC creams etc.) and found that it keeps my skin more matte throughout the day, which is a huge plus! When you're an oily skin sufferer, there's nothing more annoying than having a super shiny face all day, so this has really come in handy.

I'd definitely recommend this for oily and acne prone skin types - it hasn't broken my skin out once, and keeps any signs of shine under control. It's easy to pop on under a foundation, it doesn't affect the colour of your makeup whatsoever. This particular product has an SPF of 30, but you can also purchase in with an SPF of 50, if your skin's prone to burning. I've been wearing this so much these days, with the arrival of this glorious heatwave!

Sadly, it doesn't come cheap - a regular sized bottle (50ml) costs €19.50 in Boots, (I'm hoping my tiny 3ml sample will see me through most of this heatwave, because let's face it, in Ireland, it ain't gonna last!) but if your skin's sensitive, oily or prone to burning easily, then it's definitely worth the investment. It's fragrance free and so much nicer than having to use greasy suncream onto your face!

Coincidentally, I'm off to the beach today, so expect some sunny summer-y photos later in the week! ;)


Have you tried the Matte Fluid from La Roche-Posay? Got a favourite facial suncream?

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow